This is a position statement of the International Reading Association
Answer the following questions:
1. What changes are school students going to experience by the time they finish secondary school?
2. Why does the Internet have an implication in instruction and assessment?
3. In what ways can ICTs widen the gap between developed and developing nations?
4. What do school leaders need to do to provide adequate education?
5. What is the role of universities to support our students in the digital age?
6. Why is it important to form critical students in this online context?
7. How can literacy researchers contribute to this change?
8. From the section “Our Responsibilities”, choose one recommendation that you find more difficult to carry out and on that you find easy to implement and explain why.
Accept the invitation to wikispaces and post your answers here: http://newliteraciesinthe21stcentury.wikispaces.com/home